AQUA Announces Triumphant Return To NYC
Dec. 9th @ Hammerstein Ballroom
Tickets On-Sale Friday, Oct. 13th
(Pre-sales Oct. 11th and 12th)
Nostalgia-Fueled Journey Across the U.S. Begins Nov. 12th
OCTOBER 10, 2023 (Copenhagen, Denmark) — After the jubilation-filled SOLD-OUT concert at NYC’s Irving Plaza in June (their first on U.S. shores in over two decades), Danish dance-pop powerhouse AQUA have announced a return to the Big Apple on Saturday, December 9, 2023 at Hammerstein Ballroom (311 W 34th St., New York, NY 10001).
Artist pre-sale begins Wednesday, October 11th (10am to 10pm) with a local pre-sale on Thursday, October 12th (10am to 10pm). Tickets to the general public goes on-sale Friday, October 13th at 10am. (Ticket Link) Recently releasing their updated live video “Barbie Girl (Summer Tour 2023)” which features footage from various live shows this past Summer including their sold-out headline shows at Irving Plaza and Los Angeles’ The Belasco, Aqua has been celebrating their enduring popularity and legacy in the world of pop. As previously announced, the trio is poised to embark on an eagerly awaited nationwide tour, recapturing the hearts of fans across the country.
“We’ve been working for this for 27 years! Performing two sold out shows in NYC and LA this summer was a dream come true, and to be able to come back soon for a nation-wide tour is absolutely insane. We cannot wait to meet everyone for the first time, face to face.” – AQUA
AQUA’s indelible mark on the musical landscape was forged back in 1997 with their debut album Aquarium. A collection that birthed hits like “Turn Back Time,” “Doctor Jones,” and the iconic “Barbie Girl.” The latter, a sensation whose catchy lyrics and vibrant charm had billions worldwide playfully echoing “I’m a Barbie Girl in a Barbie World”. With a music video that encapsulated the whimsy of the era, “Barbie Girl” soared to chart-topping heights, etching itself into the cultural lexicon as an inimitable classic.
Reclaiming their position in the limelight, AQUA’s astounding journey continues with the revelation of their “World Tour.” With a remarkable 38 million albums and 7 million singles sold to their name, the group’s signature tunes remain the soundtrack of a generation. The “Barbie Girl” music video, having surpassed a billion views on YouTube, stands tall as a testament to the song’s enduring resonance, even asserting its presence on Instagram Reels.
Marking its debut on November 12th in Seattle, the tour will embark on a captivating cross-country journey, hitting iconic venues along the way. Brace yourselves for a kaleidoscopic explosion of 90s wonder, where glitter, pink and pulsating beats reign supreme.
In the wake of AQUA’s recent American triumphs, securing a ticket to the AQUA’s World Tour is poised to be a scramble to remember.
- Nov. 12 Seattle, WA Paramount Theatre
- Nov. 14 San Francisco, CA The Masonic
- Nov. 16 Riverside, CA Municipal Auditorium
- Nov. 19 San Diego, CA House of Blues
- Nov. 20 Phoenix, AZ The Van Buren
- Nov. 22 Houston, TX House of Blues
- Nov. 24 Austin, TX Emo’s
- Nov. 26 New Orleans, LA Fillmore
- Nov. 27 Atlanta, GA Buckhead Theatre
- Nov. 28 Lake Buena Vista, FL House of Blues
- Dec. 4 Silver Spring, MD Fillmore
- Dec. 5 Philadelphia, PA Fillmore
- Dec. 6 Boston, MA House of Blues
- Dec. 9 New York, NY Hammerstein Ballroom
- Dec. 10 Detroit, MI Fillmore
- Dec. 12 Chicago, IL House of Blues
- Dec. 13 Minneapolis, MN Fillmore
- Dec. 15 Denver, CO The Summit
- Dec. 17 Salt Lake City, UT The Depot
- Dec. 19 Las Vegas, NV House of Blues
- Dec. 20 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Palladium