JEHRY ROBINSON MAKES A SPLASH WITH EXPLOSIVE NEW ALBUM DRINK MORE WATER AVAILABLE NOW
LISTEN TO DRINK MORE WATER HERE
WATCH MUSIC VIDEO FOR “STILL BREATHIN” FEATURING TECH N9NE & RITTZ HERE
ALBUM GUESTS INCLUDE HI-REZ, KING ISO, & NEMS
September 1, 2023 (Los Angeles, CA) – After building buzz throughout the game with millions of streams and major co-signs from the likes of Jelly Roll and more, acclaimed Strange Music artist Jehry Robinson unleashes his anticipated new album, Drink More Water, today. Listen to Drink More Water HERE.
Across 18 hard-hitting tracks, Jehry flexes his versatility with finesse and fire. On the opener “Still Breathin” [feat. Tech N9ne & Rittz], ominous piano and charging 808s underline his pummeling flows. The momentum gives way to a chantable chorus, “Everybody knows it’s the highs, it’s the lows, it’s the pain that we feel, it’s the life that we chose,” before Tech and Rittz trade bars. He also dropped a hard-hitting and high-energy music video to accompany the track. Jehry, Tech, and Rittz enter a cage match intercut with classic footage of Street Fighter. Watch it HERE to find out who emerges victorious.
“Sincerity” [feat. Hi-Rez] layers vibrant rhymes above a head-nodding guitar lick. The hook doubles as a moment of introspection as he confronts past pain, “All of my life they’ve been laughing at me, embarrassed cause I never had anything.”
Then, there’s “His Story,” which showcases another side of his artistry. Uplifted by synth and marimba, he sings, “Life is a mystery, don’t wish it away,” before promising, “It’s on me, this is history.” Then, there’s “Water Boy.” He shouts out the Adam Sandler classic, “Look like water on my wrist, I call that Bobby Boucher.” The album concludes on the acoustic “Front Door.” Emotions pour out of unforgettable and undeniable flows, while he admits, “If I was to say I’m sorry, you’d still probably leave.”
Check out the full tracklisting below.
He paved the way for the album with “NY Talk” [with Nems]. Beyond gaining traction on streaming platforms, it received critical praise from the likes of Underground HipHop Blog, V13, Hip Hop XXIV, and more.
In other news, Robinson will join Rittz as a special guest on the upcoming “Mellow Lovation” Tour across the US. The tour kicks off on September 22nd at the Tally Ho Theater in Leesburg, VA, before stopping in a plethora of major cities including Denver, CO, Seattle, WA, Las Vegas, NV, and San Diego, CA. Throughout November, they will continue to ignite stages across the South, before concluding with a show in Atlanta, GA on November 11th at The Masquerade. See the full list of tour dates below.
“I wanna thank Jehry for having me on his album and for coming out on this tour with me. I’ve been a fan of his for a while now and he always delivers. From the board, in the booth and to the stage, that’s one talented dude!” shares Rittz.
Indicative of his buzz, chart-dominating superstar Jelly Roll personally sought out Jehry as support on his “Son of a Sinner” Tour. They previously collaborated on “Daddy Issues,” which was featured on Robinson’s Twenty/20 album.
The tour proved integral to the creative process for the album. “I’d never done shows to that capacity before,” Jehry says. “I got the chance to gain knowledge from Jelly who is one of my close friends and favorite artists. It helped me craft Drink More Water and bring it to the level where it’s at. When I went back into the studio, it changed the trajectory of what I was doing. The album is meant to be played live. I wanted to make sure it would resonate in that setting, which is a first for me.”
On these new songs, Robinson continues to share real, raw, and unflinching honesty in his lyrics as he delivers his genre-spanning blend of hip-hop, reggae and melodic pop. It was co-produced by GRAMMY® nominated producer Wyshmaster [The Lonely Island, T-Pain, Pitbull, B.o.B].
“Jehry Robinson’s ability to effortlessly fuse melodic elements with his unique style speaks volumes about his talent and versatility,” says Folk N Rock. V13 said of Robinson‘s vast breadth of talent, “We love to categorize music and musicians, but what do you do when you come across one who defies all categorization? Enter Jehry Robinson”.
Robinson signed to Strange Music in 2019 and introduced three EPs, 20/Twenty Chapter 1, 20/Twenty Chapter 2, and 20/Twenty Chapter 3. His 20/Twenty album was released in 2020 and in 2021 he delivered The Name Is Not Important with both albums garnering Top 10 spots on the iTunes charts and collectively racking up over ten million combined views and streams.
Drink More Water Tracklisting
- Still Breathin (feat. Tech N9ne & Rittz)
- Sincerity (feat. Hi-Rez)
- Out My Head
- Memorial Day
- No Happy Days (feat. King Iso)
- Kill My Daydreams
- His Story
- Old Black Benz
- Candy Paint
- NY Talk (feat. Nems)
- Water Boy
- Question Why
- That Way
- Sleep Sleep
- Front Door
“Mellow Lovation” Tour Dates
- 9/22 – Leesburg, VA; Tally Ho Theater
- 9/23 – Rochester, NY; Montage Music Hall
- 9/24 – Lakewood, OH; The Foundry
- 9/26 – Erie, PA; Basement Transmissions
- 9/27 – Lansing, MI; Grewal Hall at 224
- 9/28 – Fort Wayne, IN; Piere’s
- 9/29 – Madison, WI; The Annex
- 9/30 – Minneapolis, MN; Studio B @ Skyway Theatre
- 10/1 – Sioux Falls, SD; Big’s Bar
- 10/3 – Des Moines, IA; Lefty’s Live Music
- 10/4 – Lincoln, NE; Bourbon Theatre
- 10/5 – Kearney, NE; The Otherside
- 10/6 – Cheyenne, WY; The Lincoln Cheyenne
- 10/7 – Denver, CO; Roxy Theater
- 10/10 – Billings, MT; Pub Station
- 10/11 – Great Falls, MT; The Newberry
- 10/12 – Spokane, WA; District @ Knitting Factory
- 10/13 – Seattle, WA; El Corazon
- 10/14 – Bend, OR; Domino Room
- 10/15 – Portland, OR; Bossanova Ballroom
- 10/17 – Boise, ID; Neurolux
- 10/18 – Idaho Falls, ID; The Gem
- 10/19 – Salt Lake City, UT; The Complex
- 10/20 – Reno, NV; The Blue Bird
- 10/21 – Chico, CA; Tackle Box
- 10/22 – Roseville, CA; Goldfield Trading Post
- 10/24 – Fresno, CA; Strummers
- 10/25 – Las Vegas, NV; The Usual Place
- 10/28 – San Diego, CA; Brick By Brick
- 10/29 – Mesa, AZ; Mile Theater
- 10/31 – Tucson, AZ; The Rock
- 11/1 – Gallup, NM; Juggernaut Music
- 11/3 – Albuquerque, NM; Sunshine Theater
- 11/4 – El Paso, TX; The Rockhouse Bar & Grill
- 11/5 – Lubbock, TX; Jake’s Sports Cafe
- 11/7 – San Antonio, TX; Paper Tiger
- 11/8 – Houston, TX; Scout Bar
- 11/9 – Oklahoma City, TX; Diamond Ballroom
- 11/10 – Mountain Home, AR; AC’s
- 11/11 – Little Rock, AR; Revolution Room
- 11/12 – New Orleans, LA; Southport Hall
- 11/14 – Hattiesburg, MS; Brewsky’s
- 11/15 – Murfreesboro, TN; Hop Springs
- 11/16 – Knoxville, TN; The Concourse
- 11/17 – Atlanta, GA; The Masquerade
Tickets and VIP Meet & Greet HERE