I tried 323 new beers last year. I was surprised to see it was that high, but I like trying new beers and this included the 4 beers I made. Here are the 50 best I tried.
Disclaimer: Some of these are new beers; some are ones I tried for the first time.
1. Goose Island BCBS Vanilla Rye 2014
2. Bell’s Hopslam
3. Side Project Saison du Fermier
4. Perennial Artisan Ales Barrel Aged Sump
5. Side Project Saison du Ble Blend 6
6. Founders KBS
7. Missouri Beer Company Eastern MO IPA
8. Crane Brewing Tea Weiss
9. Stone Brewing Enjoy By 12/25/2017 Unfiltered IPA
10. Brewery Ommegang/Boulevard Brewing Brunetta
11. Stillwater Artisanal Wavy
12. Odell Rupture Fresh Grind Ale
13. Sierra Nevada Tropical Torpedo
14. Friendship Brewing Bignose IPA
15. Surly BA Darkness
16. Bearded Iris Double Homestyle DDH W/ Citra
17. Narrow Gauge Pineapple Mordecai
18. Side Project Foedre Fermier
19. Goose Island BCBS 2017
20. Mad Fox Brewing Orange Whip IPA
21. Crane Brewing Grapefruit Gose
22. Atlas Brewing Double Dance of Days
23. Dogfish Head Liquid Truth Serum
24. Bearded Iris Ever Clever DDH
25. Good News Brewing Citra Wheat IPA
26. Friendship Brewing Laplander DIPA
27. Stillwater Artisanal Insetto
28. Bearded Iris Double Scatterbrain DDH W/ Citra
29. Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA
30. Narrow Gauge Dollar Show
31. Dogfish Head Seaquench Ale
32. Missouri Beer Company Beer Sauce Citra S.M.a.S.H.
33. Mother Earth Brewing Berlinerweisse
34. Samuel Adams Thirteenth Hour Stout 2014
35. 4 Hands/Narrow Gauge Table IPA
36. Flying Tiger Brewing Heroic Hops IPA
37. Missouri Beer Company Beer Sauce Blackberry Berliner
38. Dogfish Head Midas Touch
39. Crane Brewing Festiweiss
40. Dogfish Head Burton Baton
41. Third Wheel Brewing Dyslexic API
42. Against the Grain Citra Ass Down
43. 3 Floyds Space Station Middle Finger
44. Perennial Artisan Ales Keith’s Corner IPA
45. Bruery Terreux Hottenroth
46. Schlafly Caraway IPA
47. Two Plumbers Brewing MCP: Master Control Pale
48. Stone Brewing Hop Revolver IPA: Hop 2 Mosaic
49. Stillwater Artisanal Superhop
50. Oskar Blue Barrel Aged Ten Fidy
Here are 15 more that were close: Atlas Brewing HASAWODO, Breckenridge Breck IPA, Burial Beer Terrestrial Paradise IPA, Dogfish Head Festina Peche, Founders Green Zebra, Jackalope Brewing Thunder Ann, Missouri Beer Company Berliner Weiss, New Belgium Whizbang, Old Bakery Brewing North End IPA, Rock Bridge Brewing Rye You Little Punk, Schlafly India Brown Ale, Schlafly Rye IPA, Stillwater Artisanal Mainstream Pop Song, Stone Brewing Give Me IPA or Give Me Death, Stone Brewing Megawheat Double IPA.
Like normal, there is a lot of IPAs, Sours, and Saisons; this year I tried a lot more stouts than previous years. It helps getting things like BCBS, KBS, and Darkness.
Some of the new places in St. Louis made the list, like Missouri Beer Company, Good News Brewing, and Third Wheel Brewing; all are within 15 minutes of me. Missouri Beer Company has moved into regular rotation. I need to try Good News and Third Wheel more often; Good News could make regular rotation if they move to growlers/crowlers.
I also discovered Mother Earth Brewing in North Carolina; I acquired 4 of their beers and really enjoyed all of them. They are a place that I’d try to visit if I go to the Kinston area.