St. Louis beats Washington, 6-1
St. Louis Pitching
St. Louis Hitting
- #14 Paul DeJong (3B) – 0 for 0, BB, 1R
- #23 Jose Adolis Garcia (RF) – 0 of 0, BB
Memphis loses to Syracuse, 8-5
- #4 Luke Weaver – 2.2 IP, H, ER, 4K
- Zach Phillips – 1.0 IP, 2K
- Blake Drake (CF) – 2 for 4, R, 3B, K
- Anthony Garcia (LF) – 1 for 3, R, 2B, BB, K: Could this be the year we see Garcia? I initially thought it wouldn’t happen this year, but when you look at the Cardinals OF depth, it’s a real possibility. Randal Grichuk, Dexter Fowler, and Tommy Pham all have had injuries in recent seasons and Jose Martinez is still a question mark in the long term.
Springfield defeats Harrisburg, 3-2
- #3 Sandy Alcantara – 2.0 IP, 3K
- Danny Diekroeger (3B) – 1 for 2, R, 2B: He’s one of those players who I really like, but doesn’t have the tools to be a top prospects. He’s never going to be an All Star at the MLB level, but he could easily sneak into a utility role there.
Palm Beach loses to Potomac, 12-3
Palm Beach Pitching
No notable pitching performances for Palm Beach.
Palm Beach Hitting
- Luke Dykstra (DH) – 2 for 4
Peoria defeats Hagerstown, 6-2
The Major Leaguers take on the Marlins at Roger Dean Stadium while the minor leaguers are taking on the Astros; Memphis and Springfield are at home while Palm Beach and Peoria are traveling to the Astros’ facility. All games start at 1PM CST.