When you think about the other titles, they typically talk about something at the end of the movie:
- The Phantom Menace – the Jedi discover Maul halfway through the movie and Yoda comments on 2 Siths at the end.
- Attack of the Clones – the clones show up halfway through the movie and attack the Separatists at the end.
- Revenge of the Sith – Palpatine destroys the Jedi at the end of the movie.
- A New Hope – Luke blowing up the Death Star and becoming the hope for the Rebellion.
- The Empire Strikes Back – this could go either way. They destroy Echo base at the beginning, but the striking back could be Luke defeat at the hands of Vader, learning the truth about his father, and Han being taken by Boba Fett.
- Return of the Jedi – while Luke says early on that he’s a Jedi, I think the return is of Anakin at the end of the movie.
- The Force Awakens – I think this is reference to Rey discovering she’s Force sensitive at the end of the movie while fighting Kylo Ren and discovering where Luke is at.
Since this has been the trend of the other movies, I’m making a few guesses here.
The movie starts from where TFA leaves off and Luke recounts what happened with the last group of Jedi he was training. He’ll explain a little of Snoke and talk about where he went wrong with Ben Solo. He’ll take Rey on as his Padawan (but she probably won’t be called that).
The second half of the movie will be more about trying to make things right, Kylo Ren’s attempt to go more to the dark side, and the backstory of Snoke. I think Luke doesn’t make it through the movie and Rey is the last Jedi.
Thoughts? Post them below.